Bluescope Work Placements
BlueScope at Port Kembla is offering the following available ENGG454 work placements for the Nov 2018-Feb 2019 summer break within the Product Innovation & Technology team:
- Mechanical Test Lab: testing of steel structural properties to comply with Australian Standards
- Metallic-Coating Lines: testing of metallic-coated products to comply with Australian Standards
- Strategic Project: investigate surface coatings on zinc-coated steels based at the Innovation Labs
- Weathering Laboratory: testing of pre-painted products to comply with Australian Standards (position is already taken)
- Project Protego: joint-project with the Steel Hub based at the Innovation Labs (position is already taken)
The work placement opportunity is offered to UOW BE(honours) Materials students in their 3rd or 4th year of study on a first-come first-served basis.
- Please email BlueScope contact staff Andrew.Collins@bluescopesteel.com who is also the leader of the Weathering lab if you are interested in doing one of the listed work placement.
- Please attach a short CV and also copy to Madeleine Du Toit (email@example.com) and Yue Zhao (firstname.lastname@example.org) for record keeping.
- As some positions might have been taken by other students, it is suggested that you give a priority list of the positions instead of choosing just one position.
- Once you can confirm a work placement position with Andrew, please contact ENGG454 coordinators Hongtao Zhu (email@example.com) and Yue Zhao ASAP to enrol in ENGG454 and arrange insurance by UOW.
- The work placement will start after the final exam period around late November 2018 and last for 12 weeks.
- There is no payment for the work placement.