Research & PHD Opportunities
A wide range of potential research topics are available for new research academics and PhD students and at the GRE.
Some example research areas and topics are listed below.
- Soft soil engineering and ground improvement
- Stability assessment of rail corridors and road embankments
- Dynamic modelling and prediction of rail track performance in problematic soils
- Assessment of rail ballast degradation
- Monitoring of slope movements
- Landslides hazards and risk management
- Improvement of soft and erodible clay foundations
- Remediation of acid sulphate soils to prevent environmental damage and corrosion of infrastructure components
- Use of geosynthetics for improving the performance of infrastructure
- Dam engineering including filtration and internal instability assessment
To express your interest on position of HDR student or research associate, please contact Professor Buddhima Indraratna.