Engineering and Mathematics Education Research Group (EMERG)
EMERG is a group that spans across the Faculty of EIS bringing together Engineering and Mathematics researchers who have also demonstrated track record in scholarly research in the growing field of Engineering and Mathematics Education Research. Members of EMERG have been recognised for their teaching excellence with a number of Office of Learning and Teaching (OLT) citations and research funding. In the last five years we have been lead institution in over $1.2M in nationally competitive OLT grants in addition to being collaborating investigators on four other research projects led by other institutions. There are currently 9 PhD students working on Engineering and Mathematics Education research projects.
- Inspiring Mathematics and Science in Teacher Education
- Indigenous student support through Indigenous perspectives embedded in engineering curricula
- Understanding and improving the Engineering Laboratory Experience
- The Virtual Design Workshop: An on-line adaptive resource for engineering students
- Creating And Modifying Mathematical Learning Resources And Learning Designs For Use In Developing Countries
- Improving mathematics education in the Middle East: A focus on technology, learning design and professional development.
- Non-Response in Australian Educational Surveys
- An evidence‐based model for developing undergraduate engineering mechanics education
Research Group Members