High School STEM Competitions
We are pleased to bring you UOW's 2016 High Schools STEM Competitions.
The following competitions are open to current senior high school students: For further information and to register, please visit:
The following competitions are open to current junior high school students. For further information and to register, please visit:
- 16 September 2016 | Entry deadline for the six NSW Senior STEM Competitions
- 18 November 2016 | Entry deadline for the two ACT Senior STEM Competitions
- 9 December 2016 | Entry deadline for the Year 7 & Year 8 STEM Competitions, Year 9 & Year 10 STEM Competitions, and Year 9 & Year 10 iSTEM Competitions
Latest News and Competition Updates
2016 Mail Out
Information packs (including posters for noticeboards) have been mailed out to schools offering the various subjects. If you did not receive the information packs, all the materials can be found on this website.
Changes to Junior High School Competitions
In 2016, we will not be running the NSW Year 9 & 10 Industrial Competitions, nor the three ACT and NSW Maths via Digital Media Competitions that were held in 2013, 2014, 2015.
In 2016, we will be running the following competitions:
- NSW Yr 7 & 8 STEM Competitions (assessable projects in Integrated STEM, Science, Technology Mandatory and Mathematics are to be submitted by teachers)
- NSW Yr 9 & 10 STEM Competitions (assessable projects in any of the following are to be submitted by teachers: Integrated STEM, Science, Agricultural Technology, Design and Technology, Food Technology, Graphics Technology, Industrial Technology, Information and Software Technology, Marine and Aquaculture Technology, Textiles Technology and Mathematics)
- NSW Yr 9 & 10 iSTEM (assessable projects in the NSW Board of Studies Endorsed Courses developed by RDA Hunter)